A comprehensive compilation of companies in the process and chemicals industries and their supporting industries.

IN THE NEWS

Olive Green turns plastic eco-friendly

PETROLEUM-BASED plastic materials are a major contributor to global environmental problems, building up in oceans and landfills and harming all manner of animal life, says Olive Green joint managing director Cheryl Leo. Only 5 per cent of rubbish in Singapore is recycled, with most of the remaining 95 per cent incinerated. Even though current plastic disposables have the potential to be recycled,...


Talent pipeline for energy and chemicals sector

A scheme was launched yesterday to ensure a pipeline of talent for the energy and chemicals sector, one of Singapore's "backbone industries". The SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme for the sector will enable polytechnic graduates to earn an advanced diploma as well as a monthly wage. This will help "prevent leakages" in the industry, said Mr Erman Tan, president of the Singapore Human Resour...


Snake-like robot enters and cleans oil tanks

Hazardous petrochemicals, heat stress and falls are some of the risks faced by workers who manually clean oil tanks in refineries. To keep its workers safe, engineering and maintenance firm CYC International created a snake-like robot that can be remotely controlled to enter and clean the tanks. Besides eliminating safety and health hazards, the robot has helped increase productivity by over 70...


Jurong Aromatics restarts plant after 18 months

JURONG Aromatics Corp (JAC) restarted operations this week, after leaving its plant idle for one-and-a-half years. The company on Wednesday started processing condensate - a type of very light crude oil - and is offering light naphtha cargoes for loading in early August, Wood Mackenzie research analyst Darryl Xu told The Business Times. It is, however, still unclear whether the fire at the plant...


Engineer turned CEO runs US$1b company at age 32

LIM Yeow Keong, 40, was just an engineer at Sembcorp when he was offered the opportunity to relocate to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). He decided to move, putting him in the right place at the right time. Today, he is the CEO of Sembcorp's US$1 billion Salalah Power & Water Company, the only publicly-listed company owned by Sembcorp outside of Singapore. His journey with Sembcorp began when he r...


More news...

TRADE EVENTS

More events...

Featured Advertisements

Featured Companies

CR ASIA (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
EQUATORIAL PETROLEUM ENTERPRISE PTE LTD